Thursday, January 26, 2017

QURANIC REFLECTIONS: '... AND THESE ARE THE DAYS WHICH WE GIVE TO MAN IN TURNS'




I find this verse so, so comforting. I always find myself saying "These are the days which we give to man in turns" and SubhanAllah, it's a comfort to know that if I'm going through something difficult right now, then it was destined for me.

It's all part of Allah's plan but this verse also shows that change is something constant; it keep happening. Today you are sad, tomorrow you will be happy. Today you are defeated, tomorrow you will be successful. Nothing lasts forever. Happiness doesn't last forever and neither does sadness.

So today, you see someone really happy and deep down, you may even feel jealous but know that your turn will come. What you prayed for will come and today, you are closer to attaining it than you were yesterday. So just keep assuring your heart that Allah gives to people in turns. It may not be your turn right now, but it will be. It will come around.

I keep reciting this as a mantra. I see my mother fall ill, and I'll be like وَتِلْكَ الْأَيَّامُ نُدَاوِلُهَا بَيْنَ النَّاسِ and if she's ill today, she'll be ok tomorrow. I find myself in sadness or in hurt and I'll recite وَتِلْكَ الْأَيَّامُ نُدَاوِلُهَا بَيْنَ النَّاسِ. And seriously, saying it in Arabic sort of impacts my heart a lot more than in English. It's the power of the language of the Quran I guess. It's almost as though my heart instantly finds relief. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself 😊

And as much as this verse is a great comfort, it's also a great awakener. Just because you're happy and blessed now doesn't mean it's going to last. It's a reminder that we shouldn't be deluded by our happiness but that we accept and enjoy it when we have it, knowing deep down that it's not going to last. Because that's this Dunya. Nothing lasts forever. Change keeps happening and until we accept that, we can never move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment