Friday, January 10, 2014

YOUR UKHT FROM TURKEY




GUEST POST 

I was born and raised in the Netherlands and began wearing Hijab on the first day of Ramadan of 1996, after my grandpa died. He always asked me so caring and softly "Why don't you cover your hair my daughter?"


His death would become my birth Alhamdulillah.. May Allah Ta'la reward him with Jannah. They were the ones that knew little but worshiped a lot, while we are the opposite! May Allah Ta'ala guide us.
Alhamdulillah, little by little I learned about my Deen. I tried to practice that which Allah Ta'ala taught me and I know that real knowledge can grow only by practicing what you learn.Sincerity is the most important thing in our worshiping Allah Ta'ala, for those are the ones Satan has no power over!


I became friends with an Egyptian sister named Soha. She was married with a Dutch revert mashaaAllah.
So when she came visit us one day we had a conversation about the Niqab. She wasn't sure about the necessity of it, while I in fact, was ready with my proof that it must be fard. And I wasn't even wearing one, SubhanAllah! My so-called proofs were in fact just a few things I read about it but that made me think. For example, why should Rasulullah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam tell the women in Ihraam to uncover their faces? Hmm, so they must have been covering them! And so on, there are so many proofs that in fact this is the way most proper and pure to cover and the way Allah Ta'ala wishes from us. I can't remember which examples I exactly gave her.


However, a few weeks later on the phone my dear sister Soha was thanking me for opening her eyes and that she is wearing the Niqab now! "I always felt something was missing and I was afraid to die, but now I feel complete" She said.

And I was so happy for her and at the same time ashamed of myself! Convincing someone but not doing it yourself! SubhanAllah, I asked forgiveness from my Rabb.

This was at least ten years ago and until only two weeks ago I was carrying the burden of this incident and my guilt. Now I feel sooo relieved, Alhamdulillah! All the doubts I had, I now know it was all from my ego and Shaytaan!
All those years without Niqab, although I KNEW it was the only correct way of covering.. All the things told against Niqab, really they are so weak in evidence.! And you know? The ones who speak against it, THEY ARE NOT EVEN WOMEN!!!


Well, as a woman I can tell you it's time to speak up and tell those who are against Niqab that this is the only way you'll be released from your chains of slavery.
"What do OTHERS think about":
Your face
Your smile
Your cry
Your Hijab (does it suit?)
Your this and that!
It's all on the face SubhanAllah! What's more beautiful than the face?


Shaytaan will keep you busy with the non-mahram by constantly whispering you have to please others! If you agree or not. I was there! For too many years sisters.

But finally I feel free.


Alhamdulillah!


THE MOMENT I DECIDED TO WEAR THE NIQAB

It was the night of the 20th of December that Allah Ta'ala opened my heart and eyes, all praise to Him, when we were coming back from a visit.
This mashaaAllah old ukhti of ours, I told her that I wanted to wear Niqab but I was afraid of taking it off later. Afraid, especially, of my father's reaction (when I said this to my husband, he replied: "You have me, so what if he becomes angry? I am your HUSBAND" He encouraged me with this words.. Bi-idnillah! May Allah Ta'ala be pleased with him).

Afraid of getting problems during identification when needed.
Afraid I couldn't be able to breathe with it because of my asthma..
Soo many fears... Waswasa plenty, if you search for it! SubhanAllah.


My wise ukhti said: "If I were young I would certainly wear it. Don't hesitate!"
When I was leaving, I tried to cover my face just to try, but it didn't stay on its place, so I went without covering my face.  Then, when we were at the traffic lights waiting, and I felt the people in the car next to us staring at me (I wear black, which is rare enough here actually) and right at that moment I wished they couldn't see me. Yes 'me', that's MY FACE INDEED!


And that moment I took a step further towards hayaa/shyness, but actually to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala! Wallahi if we take only ONE step towards Him, He'll come much closer. I witnessed this so many times, Alhamdulillah. And if I can wish it's because of His wish. So He is the One and Only to be praised and to be thankful to.
 

Arriving home, I made more research and asked via Twitter for Duaa and one ukhti really encouraged me: "Trust Allah, don't think about the surroundings", she said and I felt I received many DuaaS from everyone and 22-12-2013, I FINALLY made up my mind Alhamdulillah!

May Allah swt be pleased with everyone that helped me and helps me with their precious words and their humble Duaas during my journey.


We are an Ummah which -IF UNITED- nobody can ever defeat, because Allah Ta'ala and His Angels will stand by our side! Who can defeat Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala? And only those who join us will understand us. And in fact, they wish that they were one of us too -Our Lord says it, just read the Quran with sincerity and He will open His doors for you. And be steadfast, be insisting towards Him! Really, HE is all that matters. His Pleasure... And He knows what our egos whisper, because He is nearer to us than we are to ourselves.

Make Duaa for me please, I'm new so inexperienced. I know I will have difficulties, but Allah is enough for us, and to HIM is our return.




Subhana Rabbika, Rabbil izzati ammaa yasifun wa salaamun alal mursaleen Wal hamdulillahi Rabbil Aalameen!


Salaam alaikum;

Note: If you would like to share your Hijab or Niqab stories or experiences, send us an email on niqablovers@gmail.com and share your story to inspire Muslimahs all over!



3 comments:

  1. really Amazing story of Sister,May Allah bless her and give all sisters the courage to cover them selves
    Ameen

    ReplyDelete
  2. subhanallah.... if Allah wills it happen.... good story ukhty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from turkey. I dont know english much :) i am wearing niqab too.. And i am writing diary about niqab. Here: pecelikizingunlugu.blogspot.com
    I wait Turkish sisters ;)
    We are niqab lovers everybody ! :)

    ReplyDelete