Monday, March 25, 2013

HOW MY NIQAB HAS STRENGTHENED ME




I know that a lot of people believe that wearing the Niqab is difficult. Yeah, it might be difficult, but it's a struggle and it's a kind of Jihad. As Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alaihi wasallam said:

"The best Jihad is for one to perform Jihad against his own self and against his desires."

But everything difficult gives us a valuable price, and in the case of my Niqab, it has given me not one or two, but countless blessings, Subhanallah! When I say I'm proud, blessed and honoured to be a Niqabi, Wallah I really mean it. 

We all know that lowering the gaze it tough. A lot of people have told me that it's probably easier to look at non-mahrams while wearing the Niqab, but this is not true. Staring at a non-mahram man from beneath my Niqab would make me feel like a terrible hypocrite, so MashaAllah, with Allah's Help, lowering the gaze has become a lot easier. 
(For those who are finding it difficult to lower their gaze, you might want to read our post on How Tough Is It To Lower Our Gaze)

Wearing the Niqab might seem more like an outward thing, but Subhanallah, it really affects not only our physical being, but our spiritual and mental attitude as well. The Niqab has helped me to become more independent. I know that no one's judgement will affect me but Allah's. I know that if I am able to please Him, that's victory enough!

With my Niqab, I can step outside, knowing fully well that I'm covered just the way I'm supposed to be. And knowing that I'm doing something the wives and daughters of Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alaihi wasallam and the Sahabi women did... Subhanallah! It's really a privilege. 

I can safely say that Alhamdulillah, I've a lot more courage and confidence now than ever before because my Niqab has taught me that what it is to be a real modest Muslimah. Nothing anyone thinks or says can affect me, because I know that while Niqab-haters keep claiming that the Niqab has imprisoned me, they are clearly blinded by their own imprisonment and prejudice. May Allah guide them all.

Now I can say, knowing deep in my heart that I'm a Muslimah, dependent on no one but Allah, caring for no one's words but Allah's and my beloved Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alaihi wasallam's, caring for no one's opinions but Allah's and caring for no one's pleasure but Allah's. I can safely say that I'm a Muslimah- proud, honoured and blessed!



10 comments:

  1. I just generally ignore people when I'm out in public (unless it's babies or little kids). I was always taught as a child to keep my head down by my ex step father. One thing that annoys me is the niqabi women who have tons of makeup (eye shadow, eye liner, mascara) on their eyes when they go out and I can't help thinking to myself "Why are you bothering to wear niqab then?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu sis!

    Ignoring those people who throw rude remarks at the Niqab is the best thing sis. Hopefully, Allah will guide them to Islam and make them realize the true beauty of the Niqab someday In Sha Allah!
    I totally agree sis. Wearing tons of eye-makeup is seriously something Niqabis should avoid. May Allah guide us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i Love diz post..
    maa shaa' Allaah
    baarokallaahu fiiki yaa ukhtii kariim ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu!
      Jazakallah khair sis! :D

      Delete
  4. Assalamu alaikum sister
    Firstly I'd like to say alhamdulillah I love ur blog and all ur posts may Allah swt accept your efforts and reward u ameen
    Also, I've been thinking a lot about wearing the niqab alhamdulillah and I wish to start this coming week and I have positive feedback from my parents they were concerned at first but now are happy but I have a few very close friends who have been looking at the negatives and started bringing up questions about the working environment and studying. I know there would be challenges and shukar I'm willing to face them as they come along coz I know Allah swt is there with me but I can't help but think about it at the same time because these friends are putting it in my head, some advice sister? JazakaAllah khair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa'alaykum salaam warahmatuulahi wabarakatuhu sis!
      Jazakallah khair and Aameen to your Duas! Alhamdulillah, it's good to know that you are thinking of wearing the Niqab- may Allah make it easy for you and reward you!
      Some people do think that the Niqab hinders us from working and studying but it's not so sis, because there are plenty of Niqabis who work and study. If you do something for seeking only the Pleasure of Allah, He will look after you sis, and He'll make things easy for you In sha Allah.
      "Whoever seeks the pleasure of Allah at the risk of displeasing the people, Allah will take care of him and protect him from them. But whoever seeks the pleasure at the risk of displeasing Allah, Allah will abandon him to the care of people.” [Tirmidhi]
      Also sis, it;s natural that the moment you start wearing the Niqab, you might have to face some criticism, but just stay patient through it all. Allah is there for you, and He'll give you the strength you need. In sha Allah, through your wearing the Niqab, you might even be able to inspire your friends who are not so inclined towards it! Stay strong sis :)

      Delete
  5. assalamu alaikum sister

    i want to wear the niqab but i still don't have strength to wear the niqab .. feel so sad about it ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa'alaykum salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu sis!
      Make Du'aa to Allah sis- He will give you all the strength you need, In Sha Allah :)

      Delete
  6. Salam dear author,

    Thank you for a great write up. Such a great read for me and I have a much better understanding on niqab, Alhamdulillah.

    I am a non hijab and turning to don the hijab, In Shaa Allah. I guess we have different test and trial from Allah. But He still give blessing to all of us, Masha' Allah.

    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa'alaykum salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu Ukhty! Alhamdulillah sis, the first step is always the hardest, but if you intend to do something for the Sake of Allah, He will definitely help you and make it easy. May Allah reward you :)

      Delete